- About Us
- Career Champions
- News & Events
- Business Awards
Mansfield & Ashfield 2020 together we mean business
As a member of Mansfield 2020 you have access to a hub of business information, inter trading opportunities, Corporate Social Responsibility activities and now a funding hub that will distribute funding information and alerts so you know what is available for your business to help with business growth.
Mansfield District Council is committed to supporting local business development and growth. This scheme will provide grants for businesses with a viable business growth plan that will lead to job creation.
· The grant is available to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)* located in Mansfield district area that either:
· Already have a ‘Strategic Business Growth Plan’ in place and require additional funding to take forward.
· Are at the very early planning stages in considering developments to grow the business with no formal plan in place.
In all cases growth plans will need to support the creation of at least two full time equivalent (FTE) jobs.
The council reserves the right to refuse applications in respect of certain types of businesses and where there are other reasons that mean support cannot be provided.
A grant of up to a maximum of £5,000 is available – being 50% of the total project cost.
The N2 Business Growth Programme will provide grant support to businesses in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. It will address areas of growth opportunity:
• In key growth sectors, life sciences, digital content, clean technologies and advanced manufacturing
• In supporting new high growth businesses, such as spin-out companies and technology-led businesses
The programme is designed to help overcome barriers to growth of private enterprise and is primarily aimed at local SME’s who need funding of between £20,000 and £250,000. Click here for the key eligibility criteria and how to apply.
To be eligible for our grant your business needs to:
· qualify for the National Apprenticeship Service’s AGE
· be located in Ashfield or Mansfield District
· employ less than 250 staff.
· a newly created position and your company must not have recruited an apprentice in the previous 12 months
· for an apprentice who is between 19 and 24 and lives in one of the Districts
Click here for further information.
Mansfield District Council has recently approved an ‘Economic Stimulus Fund’ and part of the fund will provide grants for businesses moving into vacant shops.
· The grant is available to independent retailers* taking occupation of a property which has been vacant for at least three months.
· Premises must be located in the Mansfield district and applicants will be required to demonstrate a need for funding to enable their project to proceed.
· As a consequence any items purchased or work undertaken before grant approval is awarded will not be eligible for funding. This scheme is available to both new and existing retail businesses**
No posts available
UK firms could be kicked off .eu websites - media release from the Chamber of Commerce
More than 300,000 British firms and individuals could be kicked off their .eu...
A Level students extend knowledge through research
From creating a virtual reality chemistry lesson to looking into the future o...
NTU - Join our Innovation Community Lab this July
Would a colleague at your small or medium sized enterprise (SME) benefit fro...
Purpose Media set to speak alongside Twitter at national social media event
A director of full-service marketing agency Purpose Media will share the stag...
Conference sets out to help business leaders drive a wellbeing culture
The D2N2 Growth Hub is hosting a major conference during Mental Health Awaren...
Create Theatre is heading for a parallel universe
A story about science, possibility, love and the quantum multiverse theory is...
Ex-serviceman switched on to new success
An ex-serviceman has spoken about his time at West Nottinghamshire College be...
Celebrating Nottinghamshire Food and Drink, Titchfield Library, Welbeck, Notts. 7.00pm - 26th April 18
Cllr John Handley, Chairman of the County Council invites Nottinghamshire st...
University advice is priceless for students and parents
University-level study and all things Higher Education (HE) was the...
Empowering Yourself and Others at work - Ingenuity breakfast event - 24th April 2018
Upcoming Ingenuity breakfast event - 24th April 2018